These Valentine’s Day conversation starters are a great way to engage kids in discussions about the greatest commandment. When asked by the Pharisees which commandment of the law was most important, Jesus replied:
You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:37-39 NLT
As you celebrate LOVE month, use these prompts to guide your conversations about what it means to love God, others, and even ourselves. Download the printable below, cut out the question strips, place them in a bowl or jar on the kitchen table and enjoy rich conversations about love.
25 Valentine’s Day Conversation Starters for Your Family
- Name three people that you love (besides God and family).
- What makes you feel loved?
- What is one way we can show love to each other?
- Can you think of a Bible verse about love? Share it with the family.
- Name three foods that you love.
- What is one thing you love about yourself?
- Why is it important to love yourself?
- Can you think of a story about love? Share it with the family.
- Name three activities that you love.
- Share a time you felt really loved and why.
- What is one thing you love about mommy?
- What is one thing you love about daddy?
- Share something you love about being a big/little sister.
- Share something you love about being a big/little brother.
- What do you love most about being in our family?
- Name three places that you love.
- Share a place you’d love to visit someday. Why?
- What is one thing you love about being the age you are right now?
- Why is it important to love hard-to-love people?
- Share three things you love about school.
- Talk about two of your closest friends. What do you love about them?
- What superpower would you love to have? How would you use it to help others?
- What historical person would you love to meet? Why?
- Name three animals that you love.
- What are some ways we can show love to people we don’t know?
Download your 25 Valentine’s Day Conversation Starters for Your Family Printable